NELFT - Website and Intranet
Design and build a new website and intranet portal. The website should provide up to date information and documents for a variety of audience groups to access easily, ensuring visitors return again and again. It should also market the services the trust provides and communicate the levels of service in the area. The intranet should become the main information provider for the trust, encouraging staff to use it as best practice to share information.
The website (www.nelft.nhs.uk) included:
• An updated and refreshed design
• An easy to use content management system giving full content control to the client
• Simple navigation making information easy to find within a few clicks
• Clear calls to action from the homepage marketing the trusts services
• W3C – AA standards compliant with the disability discrimination act guidelines
• The website has a secure login area which links NHS staff to the new intranet
The intranet included:
• An updated and refreshed design which is recognisable but different from the website
• Secure login area used only by NHS staff
• Personalised and fully customisable homepage displaying both general and specific information to encourage staff to use relevant areas
• A built in survey and feedback function which is administrated through the CMS
• A news section providing staff with the latest up to date information
• Easily accessible and secure image and document bank for staff to access and download easily
• Remote access to the intranet for staff
The client and staff at NELFT are extremely happy with both new communication tools which help the staff at the trust and its stakeholders to find information easily.
“BrandNew has built the shell for our new high profile intranet and are in the process of building the shell for our new website. The feedback from management and staff is very positive - as well as the clear, fresh look they really like all the whizzy features of the site such as boxes or ‘widgets’ on the homepage that update when different parts of the site are changed or when items are uploaded.
“The designers ability to problem solve whilst not slowing down the project has been very impressive. We felt strongly that our intranet should not have the barrier of logins and passwords, and BrandNew has smoothly integrated it into our Microsoft PC logging in system."
The team's technical know-how - which is at the same time creative - is very high and we are pleased with our easy-to-use CMS systems (one for each site) and the many features such as News pages that auto-archive, the Events tool - both on the intranet - and the Google Map currently being built for the website - amongst others. And all throughout BrandNew's approach has been professional and at the same time friendly. Thank you Brandnew.Rufus Green
NELFT Web Development Manager